CNC VTL MACHINIST
ABOUT ALLIED MECHANICAL
At Allied Mechanical team members enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, profit bonus, and 401k with employer profit sharing contributions. Employees receive nine paid holidays and two weeks of paid time off during their first year of employment with three weeks after their first year. Allied typically schedules our machinists for 10-hour shifts but overtime is not guaranteed. Our night shift positions begin between 4:30 and 6:00 p.m. and are paid a 10% pay differential premium.
This position is responsible for the set up and operation of large complex multi-axis numerically controlled vertical and horizontal lathes and/or mills. Duties include machining complex surfaces on large metallic work pieces that requires the ability of the operator to make his/her own set ups, hold tight tolerances and edit programs.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a CNC VTL machinist with live tooling experience required
- Experience with Fanuc controllers required
- Experience with manual mills and lathes is a plus
- Experience working in metal manufacturing required; experience with larger parts desired.
- Must be able to work overtime regularly and weekends as needed. Our current night shift is 4:30 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. M-F
- Experience working in a job shop environment highly preferred
- Must be able to use precision measuring equipment to achieve tight tolerances
- Must have a strong understanding of modern tooling technologies
- Must be able to communicate effectively and understand technical instructions
- Ability to read and interpret information from prints, customer orders, routings and other internal documentation in hard copy or electronic formats
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently to meet deadlines
- Must be flexible and adaptable with regard to changing priorities and assignments
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented with a dedication to quality
- Ability work in a machine shop environment with loud noises, stand for prolonged periods of time, lift up to 50 lbs., poses the required dexterity to climb in or on large machined parts and/or over or on large CNC machines, always working with safety as the number one priority.
Allied Mechanical is an equal opportunity employer.